Monday, August 25, 2014

Classic Chocolate Cupcakes

I have been practicing my "scratch" cake recipes and decided to try CHOCOLATE!!!  The recipe I adapted is found here, however I started mine with a basic doubling of the recipe.

Here I am introducing: Classic Chocolate Cupcakes



The dry ingredients:


2 cups - All Purpose Flour
2 cups - Granulated Sugar
1 cup - Cocoa Powder
2/3 cup - Chocolate Instant Pudding Powder
2 teaspoons - Baking Powder
1 teaspoon - Baking Soda
1 teaspoon - Salt
2 teaspoons - Cappuccino Powder



Combine all dry ingredients in the basin of a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.


The wet ingredients:


1 cup - Milk
1/2 cup - Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
3 - Eggs
1 cup - Boiling Water

 
Combine the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs together in a measuring cup.  Slowing add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium to fully combine.  The batter will be quite thick.


Reduce the speed to low and Slowly add in the boiling water.  Once the water is incorporated into the batter, mix one high for 1 minutes to add air to the batter,


 
Distribute the batter into a cupcake pan lined with paper liners.  Each liner should be 2/3 to 3/4 full.  Bake the cakes at 325 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


 
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.

 
I frosted these cupcakes with a store bought Betty Crocker Hershey's S'mores frosting.  I was very impressed with the flavor of the frosting and thought it paired well with the cake.  I did not like the graham cracker topping that came with the frosting, so I used a package of Oreo mix ins that came with Jello pudding snack.  I encourage you to be creative and use what you have on hand!!
 
As always, have fun and enjoy!
 
Jamie Rae

2 comments:

  1. Yum, you always post when I'm looking for new ideas to bake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is good to hear! I'm still trying to catch up on the recipes that I made in August that I was unable to put on when the tablet broke. I've told myself that I can't make anything new until I get all caught up on the blog. I'm almost there!!

    ReplyDelete