Thursday, August 21, 2014

Seasonal Zucchini Bread

For all of you who have noticed my severe lack of blogging, I have good news!  I'm back and I have three posts to add that have accumulated over the last month or so since the tablet took a tumble. 

To kick things off we will get started with a classic spin on zucchini bread which I have called Seasonal Zucchini Bread.  The recipe I adapted for this recipe was found here.


This creation comes together with:
3 cups - All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon - Salt
1 teaspoon - Baking Powder
1 teaspoon - Baking Soda
3 teaspoons - Cinnamon
3 - Eggs
1/2 cup - Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup - Unsweetened Applesauce
1 1/4 cup - White Sugar
1 cup - Brown Sugar
 teaspoons - Vanilla Extract
2 cups - Grated Zucchini
1 cup - Raisins

I began this recipe by grating the zucchini.  I was not thinking when I started the recipe and forgot to take any pictures, but the grating is pretty simple.  I used a hand grater and with a little elbow grease it was done in no time!!

Begin the batter by combining the dry ingredients.  I do this in a large 4 cup measuring cup.  I measure the flour first and then add in the other dry ingredients so that I have one less bowl to clean in the end.   


Next add the eggs, oil, applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla into the basin of a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.



Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.  I added them in four parts and combined completely.  


Stir in the zucchini and the raisins. 


Evenly divide the batter among your baking pans.  I chose to do a larger pan and a smaller pan for variety.  


 
 
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes.  My loaves took 55 to 60 minutes.  Keep in mind that the baking time will vary depending on the size of the loaves.  Remove the loaves once a toothpick inserted into the center comes out nearly clean.  Allow the loaves to cool  in the pan for 20 minutes.  Remove from the pan and allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing. 
 
Unfortunately, I slipped and did not take a picture of the finished product!!  At any rate, the bread was great and everyone should try it!!
 
Until next time, 
 
Jamie Rae  

No comments:

Post a Comment