Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

For the last day and a half I have been mulling over what I should create with the last couple bananas that I needed to use.  Tonight while looking over recipes searching for an idea, I came across Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!  After all, what makes everything better?? Chocolate!!  So with such inspiration I decide to attempt the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!!

The recipe I adapted was from Allrecipes.com. Found here!!


You will need:
2 cups - Flour
1 teaspoon - Baking Powder
1 teaspoon - Baking Soda
1 teaspoon - Salt

3 - Ripe Bananas (Approximately 2 cups of banana purée)
1 Tablespoon - Milk
1 teaspoon - Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon - Nutmeg
1 teaspoon - Vanilla

1/2 cup - Butter
1/2 cup - Sugar
1/2 cup - Brown Sugar
2 - Eggs

1 1/2 cup - Chocolate Chips


To start you will need to mash the bananas and combine them with the spices.  You can mash your bananas however you desire.  For the sake of time today, I placed the peeled bananas into the bowl of the KitchenAid mixer and mashed them one at a time.  Once all bananas were broken up I mixed them on high until they were well combined. 


Then add in each of the spices, vanilla, and milk stirring well until fully combined.  Place the mixture in a two cup measuring cup and set aside.

 

Combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy. 


Add in eggs one at a time making sure to fully combine before adding the next. 


Add the banana mixture and stir until fully combined.  


Combing the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a measuring cup.  Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter.  Mix until just combined. 


Stir in chocolate chips.

Place the batter into greased bread pans.  I spilt my batter between two pans because I did not want a super thick bread. 


Bake the bread in a 325 degrees oven.  The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your bread.  Start checking your bread after 45 minutes  until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  I used a butter knife to get to the bottom of the bread pan.  My smaller loaf took about 50 minutes while my larger loaf took about 57 minutes.


Cool on a wire rack, slice, and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment